Day 1. Week 1. Monday. Happy New Year!
… public holidays are so awesome!
Had a great day with the family, and got off to a pretty solid start to my 2018 daily habits / routine which looks like this (p.s. I’m normally not at all this structured with my time… but I’m committed to sticking to this as DISCIPLINE is my focus for 2018):
6:00am get up
6:15 workout (CrossFit)
7:15 shower + dressed
7:30 lunches + pack bags
8:30 Me at work
8:45 Rivah at school
12:00 30 min lunch break
3:30 Mindy pickup Rivah from school + check surf
4:00 pick me up from work
4:15 beach / surf / sport
8:00 kids bed
8:30 start work on Affiliate Teams
10:30 stop work / clean
… the wake up time is new (normally I sleep in as long as possible after a late night hustling - kids/work drag me out of bed)
… the exercise is new (I’m currently 82Kg… and have a lot of work to do!)
… the starting work at 8:30am is new (I normally stumble in at 9:30am - after getting Rivah to school late)
… the shorter lunch is new (I like having an hour for lunch when work isn’t crazy busy)
… the 4pm finishing work is new (I normally finish at 5:30/6pm… and don’t have much time with the kids)
… the kids bed time of 8pm is new (they normally stay up to 9-10pm - cheeky monkeys + us being unorganised with meals)
… the 2hrs per night on side-business is new (normally work in bursts - up to 1-2am a few nights in a row then crash and burnout for a few days… then get miserable when I’m too tired to make progress… it’s just not sustainable)
… the 11pm bedtime is new (see above! … same goes for my partner Mindy … this should really improve our energy levels throughout the day)
Today’s workout (Mindy made me promise to start slow)
Walk to beach 1.5kms
30 sec plank
30 barbell squats (no weight)
10 barbell bicep curls (10 kg)
5 burpees (I think - not sure about technique)
Annoyed mindy this morning by going for my walk without her (because kids stayed up late so they need to sleep in and one of us needs to be at home). She reminded me we are meant to be doing this exercise “together” and I basically bailed on her to do my own thing. Fail.
Realised I’m drawn to influencers that have a family (like Russell Brunson and Pat Flynn). People in this industry without a wife/husband and kids just don’t have the same life dynamics as me. The balance and responsibility needed to manage your family and your business is not something a “single person” can fully understand. Family is also the major motivator for everything that I do. It’s not about the money, it’s about the life and opportunities I can create for my wife and my kids.
Consider doing accountability on Monday night (Gives me the weekend to knock over anything that needs an extra push).
Goals for Week 1
- Complete first 5 days of Bootcamp.
- Post study notes on AffiliateTeams
- Daily Journal - every day!
Tasks (in priority order)
- Lock-in Weekly Accountability Team (Australian affiliates to help with Timezone)
- Video Journal - to overcome fear of being on camera (Keep it simple. iPhone and YouTube & post into AT Daily Journal). I’m going to suck. That’s ok.
- 1 Post In AT Beginner Affiliates - e.g. one sentence copywriting PDF?
- Ping Ryan Hart - where is he up to, he has gone quiet?
- 1 post in CF Avengers group
- 5 comments in CF Avengers group
- 10 likes in CF Avengers group
- 5+ Welcome messages to new CF Avengers
- Update AT Marketing Secrets
- Update AT Funnel Hacker Radio
- Update AT CF Support Videos
- Update AT Funnel Hacker TV
- Update AT Funnel Friday’s
- Update AT Drop The Mic
- Update AT Funnel University
Goals for Week 2 (draft):
- Post Bootcamp notes in Avengers group (like Ryan Hart did as PDF)
- Complete days 6-10 in Bootcamp
- Completed Bootcamp “Welcome”
- Posted study notes on AffiliateTeams
- Filled in my Daily Journal
- Invited new CF Affiliate Tori to AffiliateTeams (we were going to be accountability partners but the Timezone just doesn’t work out well)
- 3x comments in CF Avengers group
- 4x likes in CF Avengers group
- 1x Welcome messages to new CF Avenger (Udimi Jones IV)
- Daily routine wasn’t perfectly stuck to… but it was pretty close (finishing this journal entry at 11:15 then straight to bed)
- Should have been a better partner to Mindy with our Day 1 workout. Happy wife, happy life.