- Stop dabbling. Immerse yourself.
- Goal can’t be “I want to make money”
- Find something of value that you are good at and want to help people with this thing that you’ve got.
- Super power = most passionate about + competence
- HELP PEOPLE
- Fear of “loosing the dream” prevents people from taking action.
- Must be comfortable with the worse case scenario.
- KPI’s - Key Performance Indicators are really important to track and measure to grow.
- Having someone hold you accountable, with a set deadline and having something on the line as a punishment is an extremely powerful motivator to getting things done!
- Building an Affiliate Business sets you up to build any online business - these lessons are completely transferable to anything you want to create & market in the future.
- Don’t skip the Step 3 and Step 4 videos by Kevin Tjia … they really help you to take action!
1st) Who Is My Dream Customer?
- Person with Family
- Wants passive income to replace work income
- Successful in their profession/career - so is making good money - but feels stuck in the Rat Race trading time for money… so limited on time, but makes good money.
- Persons career is not their passion and is taxing on their family life (over worked)
- Has tried building a SaaS or being an Affiliate - understands the value of recurring revenue.
- Feels alone as an entrepreneur - is seeking community and peer support (but is self motivated and driven)
- Works well in a team environment (current job requires this) - doesn’t try to dominate the conversation. Also works well directly with customers/clients.
- Values growth over $$$ & spends $$$ to save time.
- Takes action but craves structure.
- Helps others and wants to be an honest/transparent affiliate.
Female - Jill
- Is a natural leader and teacher
- Speaks up in a male dominated workplace
- Wants the best life for her family
- Believes in personal development by taking action and being systematic (not by posting motivational quotes on Facebook)
- Family income is $100K/yr but still struggles with cashflow
- Willing to work hard now for benefits later
- Time is LIMITED
Male - Jack
- Exercises or plays team sport
- Primary $$$ earner in family
- Loves family and being a dad - does everything for them.
- Professional job pays $100K/yr but feels stuck in this job and the Rat Race
- Passionate about side-business opertunities
- Has already had some success as an Entrepreneur … but also a lot of failures & wasted time. Looking for lower risk options than say building a startup.
- Seeks adventure and travel
- Studies marketing, sales, startups, growth an passive income even if this isn’t his profession - he sees this learning as very valuable.
- Ready to start something new
- Supports others around him and is a good listener.
- Is humble
- Willing to work hard now for benefits later
- Time is LIMITED (failed at blogging regularly - see’s paid traffic as much easier than SEO & Inbound but doesn’t know how to do it profitably)
- Financial freedom
- Passive income
- Affiliate marketing (as a way to reduce risk versus trying to build a new product)
- Entrepreneur / Startups / Founders
- Solopreneur (in need of a team / community and people that “get him” and want to “talk about marketing” as friends/partner aren’t passionate about this topic like he is)
- During commute to work or cleaning the house listens to podcasts and audiobooks to “study” and make the most of every moment.
- Wants to do side-hustle work more than watching TV … but often gets sucked into TV (so seeking accountability to stay focused on what matters and what he really wants).
2nd) Where Are My Dream Customers?
- In Facebook Groups (ClickFunnel Avengers) and Forums for Affiliates (AffiliateFix)
- On email lists for “online business” and “marketing”
- Listens to podcasts (convenient when on the move e.g work commute).
- Follows passive income bloggers like Pat Flynn
Looking at Similar Web for “affiliatebootcamp.com”…
Current visitor estimate 152K
… sounds like Australia is fairly untapped. I might focus my attention here at home !
Interestingly had 400K visitors in Jul 2017 …then dropped to 85K in September… I wonder why? Some promotion? What was “working” in July?
8% Social …perhaps untapped? (71% facebook, 18% youtube, 3% redit)
26% Referral … perhaps higher than social due to funnels with a bridge page
Audience also visits…
I found the domain “affiliatemarketingbootcamp.com” was 4th on this list… but no one owns the domain. So I bought it for $8. Seems like a nice vanity URL to send people to and redirect to the “affiliatebootcamp.com” site with my affiliate code
3rd) What Bait Am I Going To Use To Attract Them?
- Affiliate Teams invite-only community… public, action oriented, structured, team focused.
- Summerize Russell Brunson/ClickFunnels content - focus on actionable content e.g. checklist.
- Help them “discover” the ClickFunnels affiliate program, it’s awesome training and perks (free car)… then seal the deal with AffiliateTeams as the ultimate community for action takers.
- DotComSecrets free book
- Ignite Program (videos) worth $497
- Personal story / case study / notes / results in Affiliate Teams.
- The AffiliateBootcamp training
… need to think about how my bait can also be used to push away people we don’t want in this community (e.g. the “get rich quick” crowd).
4th) Where Am I Going To Take Them?
- Get them to the Super Affiliate level and their Dream Car!
- Quitting their day job and having the life they want (freedom of time, money and location)
- Purchasing Funnel Hacks (going “all in”)
- A-Team Mastermind / Private area in the forum
- Special event with affiliate experts / super affiliates providing 1-on-1 feedback?
1st) What Do I REALLY Want / Need In Life?
House mortgage paid off
2x Awesome Cars
Travel the world
Top Local School for Kids when they get to High School
Nest Egg Savings
Education / Courses / Mentors
Wife (Mindy) doesn’t need to work weekends
2nd) What Are The Monthly Payments To Get Those Things?
Estimating $20K/mth should cover everything.
3rd) So, how Much Do I REALLY Need Per Month?
$10K/mth replaces my current income… this is one of my primary goals.
4A) Membership Site: How Many Members Do I Need To Hit That Goal?
Doing a combination … see 4C.
4B) Backend Sales: How Many Sales Per Month Do I Need To Hit That Goal?
Doing a combination … see 4C.
4C) Combinations: What Combination Of Continuity & Backend Do I Need To Hit That Goal?
… I started with more complex calculation across more affiliate products. But then after watching the Step 4 video I’ve simplified this down.
$97 Starter Plan ($38.80 Commission) - $3380/mth - 100 customers
$297 Etison Suite ($118.80 Commission) - $2970/mth - 25 customers
$500/mth Dream Car Bonus
$997 Funnel Hacks ($398.80 Commission) - $1994.50 - 5 sales
$497 Funnel Scripts ($198.80 Commission) - $994 - 5 sales
Grand Total: $9838.50/mth (and will get some extra from bumps/upsells/downsells in these funnels to bring the total over $10K)
5th) How many “SLO” (Self Liquidating Offer) sales do I need per month to sustain my continuity and backend?
Starter Plan 100 * 25% = 25 new customers needed per month
Etison Suite 25 * 25% = 7 new customers needed per month
30% Buyers Ascend:
Starter Plan 25 / 30% = 84 buyers
Etison Suite 7 / 30% = 24 buyers
5% Traffic converts to Buyers:
Starter Plan 84 / 5% = 1680 clicks
Etison Suite 24 / 5% = 480 clicks
Total Per Month: 2160 clicks
Total Per Day: 72 clicks
10% Sales Conversion on Webinar:
Funnel Hacks 5 / 10% = 50 attendees required
Funnel Scripts 5 / 10% = 50 attendees required
30% Registrations converts to Attendees
Funnel Hacks 50 / 30% = 167 registrations
Funnel Scripts 50 / 30% = 167 registrations
5% Traffic converts to Registration:
Starter Plan 167 / 5% = 3340 clicks
Etison Suite 167 / 5% = 3340 clicks
Total Per Month: 6680 clicks
Total Per Day: 223 clicks
6th) How much traffic do I need to get that many front end SLO sales?
Monthly: 8,840 clicks (at 5% conversion)